Taylor Swift In Her Aussie Era

Taken from Fernando Leon

As many of us know and have dealt with the constant talk of Taylor Swift for the past year we all know about the Eras tour. Maybe you went or maybe you didn’t? Maybe you can’t stand her music or maybe you’ve never heard the name before, but regardless of whether you like her music or not, everyone can say that Swift has accomplished so much.

Let’s start with the Eras tour. 151 shows are covering 5 continents, every show making US $27 million, that’s $150,000 per minute or $2,500 per second! That’s crazy!

As the concert came to Sydney, the anticipation grew not only to see Taylor Swift live but also Sabrina Carpenter! Many know Sabrina from her lead role in ‘Girl Meets World’ and from her hit songs, Nonsense and Thumbs and if you were lucky enough to score tickets then boy are you in for a treat! At the MCG, ticketless fans were outside the stadium trying to score last-minute tickets and soaking up the atmosphere in their bedazzling outfits and homemade friendship bracelets which fans traded with one another as a tradition from her song, ‘You’re on Your Own Kid’ from Taylor’s Midnights album. Taylor is also known for her lucky number 13 and as she writes it on her hand – so do her fans! So many traditions have come from the Era’s tour, traditions that will carry with Taylor from country to country! As the MCG filled up, Taylor was overjoyed to find out that she had a crowd of 96,000 people – the biggest crowd in her whole career! The Era’s tour also became the highest-grossing concert of all time and is the first tour to surpass $1 billion in revenue! Everyone is buzzing with excitement as Taylor is yet to release her 11th album called the ‘Tortured Poets Department’ which has everyone hyped as the setlist and release date is dropped but the genre remains a mystery! But if you couldn’t get tickets – don’t worry! Disney is now streaming the superstar’s concert live as they paid $114 million for the rights – Disney outpaid every other streaming channel! Taylor Swift made her mark in her first return to Sydney since her Reputation tour in 2018, but Swift’s adventure is far from over as her last concert takes place on the 8th of December 2024, Vancouver, Canada, that’s still a whole year of excitement for Taylor and the Eras Tour!

View Comments (6)