The Student Media Site of William Clarke College

We Are

We Are

We Are

A Good Girl’s Guide To Television

Taken from Unsplash

A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder (AGGGTM) is the first book in its best-selling series written by Holly Jackson. It was released in May 2019 and instantly shot to the top of the New York Bestseller’s list; it is currently eighth. Now, 5 years after the book’s release it is being adapted into a TV show. This article will cover everything you need to know about the upcoming show from the cast to release date, author to streaming service, and everything in between.

A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder follows 17-year-old Pippa Fitz-Amobi who is doing her EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) about the murder of Andie Bell that took place in her small town, Little Kilton, 5 years ago. The case never made it to court, but the town have all accepted that her boyfriend, Sal Singh, killed her. Pip, however, is not so sure. As she gets closer to the truth, she starts to find herself in danger. How far will Little Kilton go to keep their secrets?

A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder has two different versions. There is the UK version and the US version. The UK one is the original and most popular one, which is also the main copy available in Australia. The US version was adapted for an American audience and has some missing segments. If you are considering buying the book, I would highly recommend the UK version.

Holly Jackson is a British author who specializes in young adult mysteries. She has published six books to date, three of which are a part of the AGGGTM trilogy. She has sold millions of books worldwide and is recognized for her incredible literature.

Holly Jackson’s writing is full of suspense and her teasing to the show has been no different! She has kept fans hooked with new pictures, hints, puzzles, and short teasers since the beginning of the year. The date has been confirmed through a teaser released in March and fans now know it will be released in July 2024. There are new pictures almost every day of the cast (more on them later!) and behind the scenes. Jackson enjoys keeping fans on the edge of their seats and is always looking for new ways to reveal pieces about the show through clues in her true mystery format. In April, she posted a picture on Instagram of a bunch of what seemed to be random letters. It was later discovered that these letters corresponded to the word Netflix. The announcement that the show will be available on Netflix as well as Stan and BBC iPlayer for British viewers. The show will consist of 6 45-minute-long episodes released weekly.

The cast of A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder is truly extraordinary. The main character, Pip will be played by Emma Myers who previously played Enid Sinclair on Wednesday. Rookie Zain Iqbal will be playing his first TV role of Ravi Singh Pip’s partner in crime. The rest of the cast are as follows.

Pip’s Family:

Leanne Amobi (Mum) – Anna Maxwell Martin

Victor Amobi (Dad) – Gary Beadle

Josh Amobi (Younger Brother) – Kamari Loyd

Young Pip – Kitty Anderson

Singh Family:

Ravi Singh – Zain Iqbal

Sal(il) Singh – Rahul Pattni

Ravi’s Parents – Unknown

Ward Family:

Cara Ward – Asha Banks

Naomi Ward – Yasmin Al-Khudhairi

Elliot Ward – Mathew Baynton

Bell Family:

Andie Bell – India Lillie Davies

Becca Bell – Carla Woodcock

Jason Bell – Matt Chambers

Bell Mother – Unknown

Hasting Family:

Max Hastings – Henry Ashton

Rosie Hastings – Annabel Mullion

Toby Hastings – Adam Astill

Pip’s Friend Group:

Cara Ward – Asha Banks (See Ward Family)

Lauren Gibson – Yali Topol Margalith

Conner Reynolds – Jude Morgan-Collie

Zach Chen – Raiko Gohara

Other:

Ruby Foxcroft (New Character) – Orla Hill

Nat Da Silva – Jessica Webber

Daniel Da Silva – Jackson Bews

Emma Hutton – Georgia Aaron

Stella Chapman – Mitu Panicucci

Dylan – Matthew Khan

College Student – Rowan Wallace

Jake Lawrence – Ephraim Sampson

Jesse Walker – Oliver Wickham

Finally, what should you do before the show is released? Firstly, make sure you have read mainly the first book, but all of the series. Holly Jackson likes to foreshadow and give little hints. Secondly, keep a keen eye on updates. A great way to do this is by following a fan account on social media or suchlike. And lastly, keep an eye out for Holly Jackson! Once the show is released Jackson is going to make an appearance in a scene, wearing a disguise.

Overall, get keen for A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder to come to our screens, shown on Netflix and Stan. Put on your detective caps and get ready to join us on a wild ride.

View Comments (2)