Drake Vs Kendrick Winner: Regirock Victorious

Image Credit: Ellis K

The great Kendrick Lamar and Drake beef has been furious, rigorous, and intense in all kinds of grand ways. Spats of accusations, personal qualms and other disses have been shared through both of their lyrical flows. However, it’s clear that a winner would eventually emerge from the Rock Slide. And that’s just now been confirmed to be Regirock on his new track ‘Hyper Beat’.

“I’ve had beef with Kendrick ever since he dropped ‘To Pimp A Butterfree’, and Drake’s just Drake and that’s enough for me” –Regirock revealed in an exclusive We Are Ibis interview.

In the diss track against both the artists, Regirock exposes Drake for having his starter Pokémon at disproportionately higher levels than the rest of his team.

Bro’s never heard of an EXP Share?”- Regirock states on the track.

Moreover, he details the time he spent working with Kendrick in various Pokémon Gyms, exposing his simplistic and amateurish strategy during their time together.

“Mans would spam Superpower, even on Gastly

Like, yeah, it’s a good move, but it’s got just 5PP” – Regirock states on the track.

Finally, what felt like the true nail in the coffin for both of them was the song’s feature on its final verse: Pokémon Trainer Red. Red gets a whole verse to himself in the track, paving optimal way for maximum devastation.

“…

…” -Red on the 3rd verse of ‘Hyper Beat’

It’s been 48 hours since ‘Hyper Beat’ dropped and neither Kendrick or Drake have dropped or said anything since. It appears Regirock’s diss track was the necessary evil that silenced the two opponents. It’s been reported there was a 4th verse planned to discuss J Cole featuring former Gym Leader and domestic terrorist Giovanni but was scrapped after J Cole’s apology to Regirock last week.

“My bad dude, Registeel is mad overrated anyways” -J Cole to (TM)Z.

J Cole has since been spotted in the Alola Region since the drop of Regirock’s diss track, likely taking a vacation in relief of avoiding what would’ve been a career-ending verse.

Say what you will about Kendrick or Drake’s respective disses, careers or personal lives. But it’s clear that none of them could’ve stood a chance against such a powerful force, one that took no side but their own.  Kendrick and Drake declined to comment, but I suspect we’ll see the impact of the diss on their public life in the days coming.

View Comments (5)