The Ultimate Canteen Lunch: Where Flavour Meets Value

Taken by Annie Spratt, from Unsplash

In the hustle and bustle of College life, finding a delicious yet budget-friendly meal can feel like striking culinary gold. But fear not, fellow foodies, for nestled in the heart (or stomach) of our Christ-centred community lies a hidden gem – the “Ultimate Canteen Lunch”.

So what exactly is the “Ultimate Canteen Lunch?” While there are many staple favourites such as zooper doopers (70c), chicken nuggets ($2.50), or a packet of Jumpy’s chips ($1.50), we are after something that will leave us full and satisfied! 

Enter the tantalizing Teriyaki Beef or Crispy Chicken Bowls! Each priced at an excellent $8. Picture this: succulent strips of beef, marinated to perfection in a savory teriyaki sauce, paired with fluffy rice and sesame seeds. Or perhaps you’re in the mood for the satisfying crunch of golden-fried chicken, coated in a secret sauce that dances on your palate with every bite!

The next time you visit the canteen, take note of how these popular rice bowls are selling faster than hot pancakes. Be sure to grab yours today! But what truly sets our canteen apart isn’t just the affordability of its offerings or the unwavering commitment to quality and taste by some of our favourite people in the College. You might not be taught by every teacher, but chances are, you will encounter our wonderful Canteen team. Next time you pick up your “Ultimate Canteen Lunch,” be sure to thank the amazing staff preparing the meals for you.

Bon appétit!

View Comments (3)